- CASE FILE
Devastated, bed ridden, pain, under weight, sleep deprived. A compressed artery and no understanding as to what's causing the compression.
ABOUT THIS CASE FILE
I'm struggling for my life after an incident with a chiropractor. A chiropractor recommended I do a hiatal hernia massage. When I did the massage, I did it too aggressively with my fingers too deep under my right rib cage. I felt my right side pop and I started blacking out. I almost died from my blood pressure getting so low. I now have diastolic heart failure/dysfunction, eosinophilic esophagitis and MALS Syndrome with no diagnosis as to what's causing it. I know something on my right side is dislocated/collapsed but no one can figure it out. I've completely lost my life and I'm devastated. I've been hospitalized multiple times for being so sick. I've been hospitalized for suicide attempts because I can't handle how sick I am anymore. I also did it as a desperate attempt for someone to start taking my health seriously. I'm dying of a broken heart because I miss my life so much and cant handle the burden of my disabled mother helping take care of me 24/7. I used to be such a happy person until all this happened. I used to be a natural health YouTuber, martial artist and musician. Now I can barely function to feed myself. I curl up into a ball in pain when I eat, I can barely breath, I can't sleep, I'm so sleep deprived and malnourished that I've began to develop carpel tunnel and nerve damage. My whole body burns in pain, I can't lift my head without feeling tearing pains in my stomach and where I pushed, I have to sleep sitting up or else I don't sleep deep enough and start having severe panic attacks, I'm severely fatigued from not being able to sleep properly anymore and fear I'll develop more damage from not being able to rest. I can't put much pressure on my back or I feel more faint, my right side hurts where I pushed and no local doctor can tell me why. Doctors also recently found a kink in my left kidney but still can't explain anything to me and send me home suffering. I still believe it's because my torso is higher than normal but no one will listen to me. Please help me get my life back. I want to finish learning to sing, play music, run a business with my mom and be happy with my friends and family again.
Something in my chest/abdomen collapsed and is tearing down but the doctors can't figure out the cause. If anyone can help me figure it out, I'll pay you $4 grand cash, wire or crypto. Every time I eat it tears down more and I can't even lift my neck. When I urinate or have a bowel movement my heart slows and the tearing/pulling pains in my chest and abdomen get worse. Laying down causes my heart to slow down too much and stops me from sleeping deeply. Laying down causes me to go pale and feel tingling throughout my body and an adrenaline rush to keep my blood pressure up.
• Blood pressure:
Machine used: OMRON BP760
Right arm laying down on left side:
Left arm, laying down left side:
Sitting up, left arm:
Sitting up, right arm.
Standing up 30 second wait, right arm.
Standing up, left arm.
•I've been to approximately 6 hospitals and every one gave up on my case. Put their hands up saying "I don't know". They agree something is wrong but don't know what and never listen to me long enough to help.
• Symptoms started when I did an aggressive hiatal hernia massage under the right side of my rib cage. I felt a pop and started blacking out.
• My right side pops when I move, have a bowel movement or burp. Popping started years ago when I'd exercise.
• Solar plexus location feels collapsed and tender.
• Skin is more pale than I used to be like its lacking blood flow.
• Abdomen is tucked in like it's trying to hold organs up.
• Abdomen and chest feel caved in.
• Right side of my back behind my liver feels sharp and wet like it's being cut.
• I had a BMX accident ten years ago that flattened my spine and left scars coincidentally where my collapse is.
• My torso is higher than normal. And my organs feel like they used to sit higher but fell down.
• I wake up unrested. My Musculoskeletal system feels unrested. It wont relax, the pulling sensations and slow heart worsens when relaxed.
• Neck feels like veins, nerves are being pulled on.
• Bowel movements worsen the pulling sensation.
• Blood flow restricts and heart weakens when I lay down. My body starts tingling and I enter fight or flight.
• I feel things in my chest underneath my pecs being pulled on. Kind of feels like strings being stretched downwards.
• Esophagus/throat feels like it's being pulled.
• Difficulty breathing. Ultrasound shows my ciliac artery being compressed when I breathe.
CT shows Kinked kidney. Nutcracker syndrome
Ultrasound shows MALS syndrome.
Didn't have nutcracker syndrome until months later when I felt things get worse.
• Breathing gets worse after deep breaths, eating, swollowing, laying down, or while urinating/moving bowels.
Update: here's a post my friend made trying to help.
(I’m posting this on behalf of my friend. My apologies in advance for the graphic details but we are trying to figure this out any way we can.)
In summary, my friend (mid 20s, male, slightly underweight) has been undergoing severe pain and tearing sensations in the stomach and chest area for the past 9 months that appear to be aggravated upon eating, swallowing, and digesting food. It has prevented him from sleeping restfully and from normal physical/daily life function, with symptoms slowly worsening. He has already seen many doctors and had many CT scans and various tests but very few have provided any real insight.
Some of the tests so far indicated that he may have MALS syndrome (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_arcuate_ligament_syndrome) or something related like nutcracker syndrome, but a doctor at a recent appointment stated that he doesn’t think that’s the case despite the symptoms being similar and some arterial compression being shown on previous tests. Each time he breathes, the compression seems to worsen and aggravate the symptoms, and this has been confirmed by a doctor, which makes it even more frustrating that no one will follow up on this.
All of this appears to have started shortly after a hiatal hernia massage recommended to him by his chiropractor that he performed on himself.
In addition, fairly aggressive self sexual stimulation with anal toys (not sarcasm nor a joke – the timing seems to match up) contributed partially to the symptoms. The pain is aggravated by urinating and defecating as well.
His blood pressure is drops to abnormally low levels when he lays down, and his right side radiates pain from the liver area that feels like a cord being torn.
He also sustained a bicycle accident 10 years ago that damaged his spine and eyesight. This may have enabled these symptoms to come on stronger than they would have otherwise.
All of this to me indicates some kind of arterial compression, but doctors so far have either refused to investigate further or are not convinced that’s the cause. We are looking for any insight or second opinions into this issue that has totally ruined his quality of life.