- CASE FILE
Dealing with tingling, numbness, burning pain in the left leg for almost 15 months after being exposed to carbon monoxide.
ABOUT THIS CASE FILE
In 2018 I experienced trouble sleeping and headaches for months and I decided to try Tylenol pm. After some time I started to feel dizzy especially upon standing, had all day headaches, and left calf swelling on and off for maybe a month. My previous doctor thought my symptoms were from using NSAIDS. I stopped taking them but my symptoms never stopped. I have a gas stove and I was advised to have someone do a gas safety check. PGE determined that my stove was emitting high levels of carbon monoxide. The blood tests for carbon monoxide were ordered too late after exposure. After seeing countless PCP’s, neurologists, and other specialized departments, they think it can be a form of small fiber peripheral neuropathy or neuralgia. We have done countless blood tests, imaging, and treatments. I’ve tried countless prescriptions and nothing works. I lay in bed all day to alleviate some of the discomfort. I experience pain upon standing, sitting, and walking. I can’t sleep because my legs are tingling and/or throbbing and radiating pain from getting up throughout the day. I’m also unable to sleep on my left side because I will get a headache. I was also diagnosed with prolactinoma, but they aren’t sure how long it was there. My doctors aren’t sure about the effects of carbon monoxide exposure if it doesn’t result in death or brain damage. I’m desperately looking for an answer and solution.